Monday, August 22, 2005

 

Reo-Coker on Blackburn

I know it's a bit late, but here's what NRC had to say about the game against Blackburn. (from icons.com)

"What a start to the season! Our 3-1 win against Blackburn was the perfect way to begin our Premiership campaign and we're feeling really proud about our performance.

"As players we worked incredibly hard for the three points, but I have to say that we owe a great deal to the West Ham fans who gave us unbelievable support on Saturday. Upton Park was absolutely rocking, and the atmosphere undoubtedly inspired us. If the fans can recreate that volume of noise in every match, nobody will fancy playing West Ham away from home. They can help us so much.

"Our own expectations were high before we played Blackburn, so our display wasn't a surprise to us. Alan Pardew made sure we knew exactly what was expected and every player to a man went out onto the pitch and delivered for him. We played how we planned to play; it's as simple as that.

"On a personal note, I must admit I was happy with how things went. The adrenalin was certainly flowing and I was particularly ecstatic at scoring such a nice goal on my Premiership debut!

"I've waited my whole life for the chance to play at this level, so it's hard to sum up the excitement I felt when the ball hit the back of the net on Saturday. Without doubt it has to be the highlight of my career so far. For sheer happiness I've not felt such high emotion before at scoring a goal. Hopefully it's just the start for me, but when I look back I will enjoy Saturday's strike for the rest of my life.

"All of the new players had good debuts, but I suppose Yossi Benayoun's outstanding performance caught the eye more than most. Yossi is a technically gifted footballer who will make a name for himself this season I'm sure. He's very exciting to watch and extremely creative too. Not many people knew about him when he signed, but he's heading for bigger and better things in a West Ham shirt that's for sure."




<< Blog main page