Friday, November 04, 2005

 

Pardew: No More Sales

In a recent interview with the press Alan Pardew stressed his understanding of the West Ham fans' biggest disappointment of the last few years, and said that he will be keeping the young talent already at the club.

"I think if you asked any true West Ham supporter what their biggest grievance of the last period was I think selling our best players would be number one on the agenda," the West Ham manager said. "It is old news but it is evident most weeks for England and in the Premiership."

Pardew is now confident that he does not need to sell any players for financial reasons, and in fact may be able to buy players who are capable of playing in the Champions League. "I don't have to sell anybody, which is fantastic news for the West Ham fans with the young players we have got on board already. When I arrived that was a key thing I had to stop. If I sell a player now it will be on my agenda."

Thanks to the Irons' good start to the season, Pardew will be able to look to higher quality players to bolster the squad. "The one problem I had in the summer was convincing some really good players to come to West Ham. Now players can look at us and see we have done really well so perhaps they would like to come now. We are certainly getting more calls from agents anyway. We are armed with a budget for players who could potentially play in the Champions League. It's not Chelsea's budget, or Manchester United's, but it will give me a chance to bring success to the club at some point."

Pardew also revealed that he shrewdly made sure that the West Ham board promised him the support he needs to bring the club to the top of the Premiership, before he signed his new five-year contract. "There was a lot of talking regarding the future because the investment was important to me. I'm not striving for mediocrity. I want us to achieve things and the figures that were talked about gives me a good chance."




<< Blog main page