Thursday, December 21, 2006

 

This n That

After their Carling Cup defeat by Wycombe Wanders, Charlton fans chanted for Alan Pardew to replace Les Reed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arsene Wenger was fined £10,000 for his wankery against us recently. He was also warned about his future behaviour. He chose not to appeal saying :-

"After the [West Ham] game I said I was wrong and I regretted what I did and I accepted the punishment"

Two days later he was charged with improper conduct during the game against Portsmouth and banished to the stands for the 2nd half. Wenger's comments about that incident (made before he was charged by the FA :-

"I find it quite scandalous considering what I have seen in the corridors the last 10 years, it is difficult to explain and accept. I will not accept any charge on that incident. I feel that strongly about it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"Newcastle United boss Glenn Roeder has revealed that he could have signed Didier Drogba for West Ham United for £1million.
Roeder, who was in charge of the Hammers at the time, had identified the Ivorian whilst playing for lowly Guingamp in the French league.

A deal was reportedly in place, with one proviso - the Hammers stay up. West Ham failed, and were relegated on the final day of the 2002/3 season, and leaving behind what would have been a sensational transfer.



<< Blog main page